The Dairyglobe is a weekly subscriber newsletter produced by Freshagenda that provides a concise summary of major events in the domestic and global dairy markets that are relevant to the market and operating environments for the Australasian dairy industry. The newsletter is compiled from a range of global news and market information sources. It contains updates on developments relating to:
- Milk production, processing and market activity
- World trade in dairy products
- Markets affecting production inputs
- US and EU industry and trade policy
- Retail and consumer trends
- Corporate developments relevant to dairy
Freshagenda produces and distributes a free monthly insights newsletter called Horizons – a concise summary of trends, innovations and other insights that are relevant to our clients and associates in the food industry.
Horizons monitors ongoing developments under the following themes:
- Volatile world – Volatility in food markets, competition and agrifood input costs.
- Discerning consumers – how affluence, ethnic and health influences, and aging are making consumer segments more complex.
- More from less – pressures on finite natural resources and capacities to sustain pace with demands of the world’s population.
- Disruptive technologies – the advances in technologies for how we make things and how we connect.
- Evolving business models – innovative business models that are redefining how value is created and captured.
Milk Price Outlook
Freshagenda’s Commodity Milk Value (CMV) provides industry participants with timely updates of the outlook for underlying value of milk at the farmgate. In our Global Dairy Directions analysis, this approach can be applied to calculate Australian, New Zealand, US and European CMVs.
We can clearly explain, package and make the CMV accessible to users (farmers, processors, and other participants) as appropriate for their business decision-making.
Commodity Milk Value and Farmgate milk price
- The CMV accounted for an average of 80% of southern farmgate prices paid by exporting manufacturers between 2011/12 and 2018/19 – ranging between 75% and 95%.
- The final farmgate price paid by southern manufacturers is also influenced by their exposure to value-added domestic and export markets, and the level of competition for milk supply in any given year.
- This value added component, added to the underlying CMV makes up the average farmgate price paid by manufacturers in southern export regions of Australia (Victoria, Tasmania, south east South Australia and southern NSW).
- In the lead up to each Australian season (1 July to 30 June) Freshagenda uses its Global Dairy Directions analysis to forecast a CMV for the year ahead and estimate the value add to determine a forecast farmgate milk price.
- The commodity price, exchange rate assumptions and forecast market conditions are summarised in our Milk Price Outlook. This is important in understanding the conditions under which the forecast farmgate milk price could be achieved.
Fill out the form if you would like to be on the mailing list for our free Milk Price Outlook updates.
Freshagenda has designed, packaged and delivered a range of publications including a number of agribusiness market reports and food decision making tools.
Freshagenda’s publications are relevant to various geographic domains and market issues in the global agribusiness sector, tailored to client requirements.
Our publications include:
- Dairyglobe – This is a weekly newsletter of developments in the global and Australian markets and industry relevant to the Australian industry, which is packaged for executive audiences
- MyFarm AgriGlobe – We produce a weekly newsletter on the developments and pricing trends in agribusiness sectors in Australian and global markets for New Zealand’s MyFarm Group
- ACF – Aquila Agricultural News – We produce a weekly newsletter on the developments and pricing trends in agribusiness sectors in Australian and global markets for Aquila Capital Group’s to distribute to clients
- Ausfine – Dairy Planet – We produce a fortnightly newsletter on global market news and industry developments for Ausfine’s international dairy trade division to distribute to clients
- Hoogwegt Horizons – Resources, Knowledge products, Decision support tools
We contribute to a monthly publication on the strategic issues affecting the global dairy trade to help clients of this major international dairy trader understand the drivers of commodity markets.
Another Freshagenda publication includes our free monthly insights newsletter called Horizons – a concise summary of trends, innovations and other insights that are relevant to our clients and associates in the food industry. Horizons monitors ongoing developments under themes including volatile world, discerning consumers, more from less, disruptive technologies, and evolving business models.
We also apply a range of consulting and analysis skills to assist clients evaluate business acquisitions, evaluate decision options and business improvement initiatives. Some of our reports include:
- Growing the NSW dairy industry
- Horizons 2020
- Northern Dairy Industry: Regional Industry Outlook
- Optimising farmgate returns from the market
- Food waste: Is waste reduction a better option to cut emissions?
- Processed food analysis: explaining realities